If you think it’s an emergency, bring your loved one in!
What signs indicate an emergency situation?
- Difficulty breathing
- Bone protruding through the skin
- Leg, paw, or another appendage not in a normal position
- Hit by car or other major trauma (falls, attacks, etc.)
- Actively having a seizure
- Any active bleeding
- Prolonged vomiting and/or diarrhea (especially young pets!)
- Swelling of the face or elsewhere
- Non-productive attempts to vomit (especially large dogs!)
- Ingestion of toxin (poisoned)
- Bitten by something poisonous (snake, spider, etc.)
- Difficulty walking, including stumbling, circling, or limping
- Puppies/kittens not born within 2-3 hours of active labor (pushing) starting
Again, if you note any of the above signs or feel your pet needs immediate medical attention, call us for emergency pet care in the Knoxville, Tennessee area.
What do you do? Call immediately or come in!